A sheet metal worker remains one of the only building tradespersons to start with a raw piece of material, custom fabricate it and install it. Residential sheet metal workers work in shops or on job sites in the high-rise or low-rise sector.
Some of the responsibilities of a residential sheet metal worker include (but are not limited to):
- Reading blueprints and specifications
- Layout and fabrication
- Installation of HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning) systems
- Altering existing systems
Our gas technicians are engaged in all aspects of installations. Typical jobs performed by a gas technician are (but not limited to):
- Install pipelines for all types of gas fired equipment, such as:
- Water heaters
- Venting of combustion flue gases
- Combustion air piping requirements for these appliances
- Servicing gas fired equipment
Attention to detail and following code and regulations are why gas technicians must be highly trained in a skillful, safe, and efficient manner to keep them ahead of the curve in this continuously changing industry.