Net Earnings: $510 million or $0.55 per share, up 15 percent from $445 million or $0.47 per share from 2016’s second quarter earnings results
Revenue: Increased 8 percent to $2,933 million
Operating Income: $958 million, up 14 percent
Operating Ratio: 67.4 percent, down from 68.9 percent
Click here to read CSX’s full earnings report.
Net Earnings: $135 million or $1.27 per diluted share, up from 2016 second quarter’s reported $121 million or $1.11 per diluted share
Revenue: Record second quarter revenues of $656 million, a 15 percent increase from the second quarter of 2016
Operating Income: All-time record of $239 million, an increase of 9 percent from the second quarter of 2016
Operating Ratio: 63.5 percent, a 2.2 increase from second quarter 2016
Click here to read KCS’s full earnings report.
Net Earnings: Rose 46 percent to C$480 million or C$3.27 per diluted share (a second quarter record)
Revenue: C$1.64 billion, up 13 percent
Operating Income: A second-quarter record of C$679 million, up 23 percent
Operating Ratio: Improved 330 basis points to a second quarter record of 58.7 percent
Click here to read CP’s full earnings report.
Net Earnings: $1.2 billion or $1.45 per diluted share (a second quarter record), as compared to the $1.0 billion or $1.17 per diluted share reported for the second quarter of 2016
Revenue: Up 10 percent to $5.3 billion
Operating Income: Up 21 percent to $2.0 billion
Operating Ratio: A second quarter record of 61.8 percent, a 3.4 point improvement compared to the second quarter 2016
Click here to read UP’s full earnings report.
Net Earnings: Increased 20 percent to C$1,031 million and diluted earnings per share increased 24 percent to C$1.36
Revenue: Increased 17 percent to a quarterly record of C$3,329 million
Operating Income: Increased 16 percent to C$1,495 million
Operating Ratio: Increased 0.6 points to 55.1 percent
Click here to read CN’s full earnings report.
Net Earnings: Up 23 percent to $497 million while diluted earnings per share increased 26 percent to $1.71
Revenue: Increased 7 percent to $2.6 billion
Operating Income: Up 15 percent year-over-year to $888 million
Operating Ratio: An all-time record at 66.3 percent
Click here to read NS’s full earnings report.
Note: Operating ratio is a railroad’s operating expenses expressed as a percentage of operating revenue, and is considered by economists to be the basic measure of carrier profitability. The lower the operating ratio, the more efficient the railroad.
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- BE4ALL Canadian Labour Spotlight: Helen Jury Armstrong
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- Members: Please submit safety, tech and hours of service reports through website links