WILMINGTON, Del. — Amtrak is naming its refurbished station here in honor of Vice President Joe Biden, who regularly commuted between Washington and his home in Wilmington for most of his U.S. Senate career that spanned almost 25 years.
The official name will be the Joseph R. Biden Jr. Railroad Station. A ceremony will be held at the station Saturday, March 19.
A station on New Jersey Transit in Secaucus, N.J., is named for Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), who has championed rail-commuter and Amtrak investment his entire Senate career that spans 30 years.
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- Members: Please submit safety, tech and hours of service reports through website links
- SMART-TD BNSF members ratify tentative agreement addressing quality-of-life issues