The UTU International is conducting a Treasurers’ Workshop and BNSF Railway Direct Receipts of Dues training session Jan. 19, 2010, in Kansas City, Mo.
All BNSF locals are being converted to the direct receipts billing system with the February 2010 billing, and local treasurers of all BNSF locals are encouraged to attend.
Due to advances in technology, the UTU has developed a new tool for local treasurers called the “Treasurer’s Web Application,” powered by the International’s iLINK system. TWA has been designed to provide treasurers with the ability to download reports from the International using Internet-based technology.
Those interested in attending the session should contact the office of the general secretary and treasurer for further details. Call (216) 228-9400, or e-mail Executive Assistant Nancy Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register is Dec. 21.
The workshop is offered at no cost to local treasurers, but locals are responsible for the travel, hotel and meal expenses. The expenses connected with your attendance may be reimbursable, if pre-approved at a local meeting, as an allowable expense of the local.
The workshop will be held at the Drury Inn & Suites, 7900 N.W. Tiffany Springs Parkway in Kansas City, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Attendees who are interested in overnight accommodations at the hotel should contact the hotel at (816) 880-9700. The UTU room rate is $65 and participants should provide the UTU group number 2076386 to obtain the UTU corporate rate.
Training sessions will be conducted by UTU International auditors.
Space is limited and registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is recommended that those attending make their hotel reservations at the time of registration.
Be sure to bring your notebook computer.
- BE4ALL Canadian Labour Spotlight: Helen Jury Armstrong
- SMART-TD, RME members secure paid sick leave for rail workers at Union Pacific
- SMART-TD Leaders take to the UAW picket line at a Jeep plant in Toledo, OH.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023