BUFFALO, N.Y. — School bus drivers employed by First Student here and represented by the UTU have ratified a new agreement by a 213-90 vote.
The agreement ratified by members of UTU Local 1908 provides for wage increases retroactive to June 2010, no loss of benefits and improvements to a 401k plan.
Calvin Studivant, alternate vice president — East for the UTU Bus Department, helped to negotiate the new agreement. He praised the efforts of the Local 1908 negotiating team that included Local General Chairperson Dale McClain, Vice Local Chairperson Debbie Orlowski and Local Secretary Geneva Crutcher.
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- Members: Please submit safety, tech and hours of service reports through website links
- SMART-TD BNSF members ratify tentative agreement addressing quality-of-life issues