MARRERO, La. – CSX conductor Jonathan Batieste, 29, with a wife and four young daughters between the ages of three and 12, died unexpectedly Aug. 22 following a motorcycle accident.
Batieste, a member of UTU Local 1066 in New Orleans, signed on with CSX just 13 months ago. He was recovering from his injuries and was undergoing physical therapy when he developed a blood clot that claimed his life.
“This young family is in need of help,” said Louisiana State Legislative Director Gary Devall.
Donations may be sent to the “Jonathan Batieste Donation Account” at Capital One Bank, 3800 General de Gaulle Drive, New Orleans, LA 70114.
- President Biden announces $6B to realize high-speed rail connecting Las Vegas and Southern California
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB