The SMART-TD Membership Services Department has compiled a list of frequently asked questions from SMART-TD rail members regarding medical-benefits coverage and has supplied appropriate answers to these questions.
These questions pertain to coverage when an employee is working, is furloughed or dismissed from service, becomes disabled, or is retiring.
This list contains answers to commonly asked questions. If you have a question regarding medical-benefit coverage for yourself or your dependents that is not answered here, feel free to contact the SMART-TD Membership Services Department at 216-228-9400.
To view the list of frequently asked questions (FAQs), click here.
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- BE4ALL Canadian Labour Spotlight: Helen Jury Armstrong
- No increase to 2024 H&W contributions for rail members in national plans
- Rail labor collectively urges representatives to oppose House THUD bill
- SMART-TD, RME members secure paid sick leave for rail workers at Union Pacific
- SMART-TD Leaders take to the UAW picket line at a Jeep plant in Toledo, OH.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Last chance in 2023 for TD members to open-enroll in VLTD, VLIFE plans!
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART News episode 10 features Local 19 member on Biden endorsement, coverage of railroad victories, GP Coleman’s visit to Tenn. megaproject and more