UTU engineer members covered for employee and/or dependent health care under the Railroad Employees’ National Health and Welfare Plan, and who may have elected to participate in the National Flexible Benefits Program, will no longer be able to participate in the program effective Dec. 31.
Railroads have canceled the program owing to a contractual provision with BLET permitting them to cancel if participation failed to exceed five percent of eligible employees.
UTU members and/or dependents covered under the National Railway Carriers and UTU Health and Welfare Plan (NRC/UTU) are not affected. Affected only are engineers with a health savings account tied to the BLET national rail agreement.
Participants will receive a letter from UnitedHealthcare providing more details of the cancellation, and information on submitting claims incurred during calendar year 2009.
Further questions should be directed to UnitedHealthcare’s enrollment services, at (800) 753-2692.
- N.Y. special election — a chance to support Tom Suozzi, who supports our members
- Room deadline extended for TD RTS in New Mexico!
- Suozzi deserves our support in New York
- Safety reminder: OSHA’s tips for working in cold weather
- DIPP: Members helping members
- TD National Training Seminar is ready for registrants!
- Safety, tech report links back online in SMART app
- Registration open for Albuquerque RTS
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024