The Federal Railroad Administration has issued a guidance memorandum for Emergency Order 28, which seeks to prevent trains operating on mainline tracks or sidings from moving unintentionally.
The memorandum has been sent to all Railroad Safety Advisory Committee (RSAC) members and alternates.
Hardcopies will be provided at the emergency RSAC meeting scheduled for Aug. 29 and a detailed presentation on the safety advisory, Emergency Order 28 and this guidance document are on the agenda.
To view the guidance memorandum, click here.
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- Members: Please submit safety, tech and hours of service reports through website links
- SMART-TD BNSF members ratify tentative agreement addressing quality-of-life issues