Victoria Day is a day that we not only spend with our loved ones, but also honour the birthday of Queen Victoria, the Mother of Confederation.
While last year’s celebrations were muted due to the pandemic, things have changed considerably, and we are now approaching a new sense of normalcy.
It is also a time to reflect on our achievements, such as the Skilled Trades Workforce Mobility Tax deduction. We still have much work to do to further the progress we have made. But on this special day, let’s celebrate by safely spending some well-deserved time with our friends and loved ones.
- SMART joins labor, environmental allies to demand Green Jobs, Green Transit in New York
- N.Y. special election — a chance to support Tom Suozzi, who supports our members
- Local 206 helps win citywide San Diego PLA
- Forging the future
- Local 46 apprentices help restore historic Rochester trolley car
- Georgia sheet metal worker says Local 85 has given him “countless blessings”
- Department of Labor issues final rule on classifying workers as employees or independent contractors under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- A year of progress: Looking back on BE4ALL’s 2023
- SMART Local 16, Northwest Regional Council lead the way on indoor air quality in schools
- SMART statement on implementation of President Biden’s executive order on PLAs