On Monday, Deborah Hersman was sworn in to serve a third two-year term as chairwoman of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
Chair since 2009, Hersman was nominated for a third term by President Barack Obama on Aug. 1 and the nomination was confirmed by the Senate on Oct. 16. Her term as chair expires on Oct. 15, 2015, and her five-year term as a NTSB member expires on Dec. 31, 2018.
Read the complete story at Progressive Railroading.
- N.Y. special election — a chance to support Tom Suozzi, who supports our members
- Biden administration joins union’s fight to protect bus and transit workforce
- Registration open for Albuquerque RTS
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles