SMART Transportation Division-member yardmaster nearing retirement wishing to maintain their current connection with Minnesota Life to retain a supplemental $2,000 life insurance benefit should contact the Yardmaster Department at the SMART Transportation Division Headquarters to obtain an enrollment form.
Please note, you must enroll within 60 days of your last day worked to receive this coverage.
Contact the SMART Transportation Division by calling (216) 228-9400, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Along with the enrollment form, members must remit a one-time $20 charge to Minnesota Life to retain the coverage. The charge is required by Minnesota Life due to its contract with participating railroads.
To retain the coverage, send the form, along with a check made payable to “Minnesota Life Insurance” in the amount of $20 to: SMART Transportation Division, 24950 Country Club Blvd., Suite 340, North Olmsted, OH 44070-5333.
Upon receipt, SMART-TD will certify your continued coverage and forward the check to the insurance company with your enrollment information.
On the form, please include the name of the railroad, the last date worked, your date of birth, your Social Security number and the date you applied for your retirement annuity.
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- Members: Please submit safety, tech and hours of service reports through website links
- SMART-TD BNSF members ratify tentative agreement addressing quality-of-life issues