A new light rail line from downtown Los Angeles to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is moving closer to reality thorough a $546 million federal loan to Los Angeles County, reports the Associated Press.
The almost nine-mile line is expected to create 5,000 jobs; and, equally important, improve transit options in heavily congested Los Angeles County. The new line will link with two other light-rail lines in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles County voters previously approved a half-cent increase in the sales tax to help fund the line, reported the Associated Press. The federal loan is expected to accelerate the $1.4 billion project.
Construction is expected to be completed in 2018.
- N.Y. special election — a chance to support Tom Suozzi, who supports our members
- Room deadline extended for TD RTS in New Mexico!
- Suozzi deserves our support in New York
- Safety reminder: OSHA’s tips for working in cold weather
- DIPP: Members helping members
- TD National Training Seminar is ready for registrants!
- Safety, tech report links back online in SMART app
- Registration open for Albuquerque RTS
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024