Jose F. “Joey” Garcia, local chairperson of Local 168 (Chicago, Ill.), passed away suddenly in December at his home in Chicago.
Brother Garcia, 46, actively participated in our union since his railroad career began in 2005. An Amtrak conductor, Brother Garcia served as a legislative representative, trustee, vice local chairperson and finally as local chairperson.
“Joey was a funny and loyal friend,” General Chairperson Rick Pauli of GO 769 said. “He was a great advocate for the members of SMART-TD Local 168 and will be truly missed.”
Along with supporting and representing our fellow union members, he was a loving father of two beautiful children he adored.
Along with representing his fellow union members, he was a loving father of two beautiful children he adored. Brother Garcia is survived by his children, father, three siblings and several family and friends who will miss him dearly.
“On behalf of all the men and women of Local 168, I extend deepest condolences to the family and friends of Brother Garcia,” said Nate Hatton, local chairperson of LCA-769.
Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
- Online fundraiser established for Local 1503 member’s survivors
- SMART-TD Oklahoma crew battle has begun — time to weigh in!
- C3RS: SMART-TD and Norfolk Southern agree to anonymous safety reporting
- Virginia 2PC bill heading to governor
- Sam Nasca, N.Y. SLD, passes away
- From the Ballast: Cowboy boots and hazmat suits
- NS, SMART-TD, BLET and FRA sign landmark C3RS safety agreement
- Online fundraiser established for family of deceased Local 210 member
- FRA issues safety bulletin on securing rolling stock
- N.Y. special election — a chance to support Tom Suozzi, who supports our members