Rail worker training in hazardous materials and chemical emergency response will be offered in Portland, Ore., Sept. 24-28, and in Houston, Texas, Dec. 3-7.
Sponsored by the National Labor College, the training focuses on the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Department of Transportation requirements for response and worker protection following hazmat release or incidents involving weapons of mass destruction.
The training is funded by a federal grant for those residing within a 500-mile radius of the training sites, and includes a stipend of $625 for those losing pay from employers while attending training. Also covered by the federal funding is mileage reimbursement, meals, air travel and lodging.
For more information, send an e-mail inquiry to Henry Jajuga of the National Labor College at email@example.com
Use the following links for registration forms.
Completed application forms should be faxed, mailed or e-mailed to the Hazmat office as soon as possible, or register online at http://www.hazmatgmc.org:
Railway Workers Hazardous Materials Training Program
10000 New Hampshire Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20903
(301) 628-0165 -fax
Registration forms for the two meetings are below:
- Online fundraiser established for Local 1503 member’s survivors
- SMART-TD Oklahoma crew battle has begun — time to weigh in!
- C3RS: SMART-TD and Norfolk Southern agree to anonymous safety reporting
- Virginia 2PC bill heading to governor
- Sam Nasca, N.Y. SLD, passes away
- From the Ballast: Cowboy boots and hazmat suits
- NS, SMART-TD, BLET and FRA sign landmark C3RS safety agreement
- Online fundraiser established for family of deceased Local 210 member
- FRA issues safety bulletin on securing rolling stock
- N.Y. special election — a chance to support Tom Suozzi, who supports our members