U.S. Rep. Adam Smith (D-Wash.) on Jan. 9 reintroduced the Freight Infrastructure Reinvestment Act, which would provide funding for freight transportation and infrastructure improvements.
The Freight Infrastructure Reinvestment Act of 2014 (H.R. 3825) would establish the National Freight Mobility Infrastructure Improvement Program through the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT). The program would provide competitive grants to states and designated entities to improve the efficiency and capacity of freight networks.
Read the complete story at Progressive Railroading.
- Tom Wiant moves from International rep. to assistant to the general president
- SMART TD, TTD Set For Victory Over Carriers On Train Length Data Collection
- BE4ALL Canadian Labour Spotlight: Helen Jury Armstrong
- SMART-TD, RME members secure paid sick leave for rail workers at Union Pacific
- SMART-TD Leaders take to the UAW picket line at a Jeep plant in Toledo, OH.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023