RRB issuing “Statements of Service”

June 7, 2012

Each year, the U.S. Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) prepares a “Certificate of Service Months and Compensation” (Form BA-6) for every railroad employee who received creditable railroad compensation in the previous calendar year. 

The forms will be mailed to employees by the RRB during the first half of June. 

Anyone with compensation reported in 2011 who has not received Form BA-6 by July 1, or needs a replacement, should contact the nearest RRB field office by calling the agency’s toll-free number, (877) 772-5772.

Form BA-6 provides employees with a record of their Railroad Retirement service and compensation. The information shown is used to determine whether an employee qualifies for benefits and the amount of those benefits. 

Employees can also request that printouts of their individual Railroad Retirement records of service months and compensation be mailed to them. A PIN/Password is not required to use this service. It can be accessed by visiting www.rrb.gov, moving the cursor over the “Beneficiaries & RR Employees” category and then clicking on “Request Service & Compensation History.”

Any discrepancies in Form BA-6 should be reported promptly in writing to: Protest Unit-CESC, U.S. Railroad Retirement Board, 844 North Rush St., Chicago, IL 60611-2092. The employee must include his or her Social Security number in the letter.