Union officials, auxiliary members and their spouses as well as rail employees and spouses within five years of retirement are welcome to attend one of a series of Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) pre-retirement seminars.
The spring schedule is as follows:
|April 28, 2023||Courtyard by Marriott, 14635 Baldwin Park Towne Center, Baldwin Park, Calif.|
|May 05, 2023||AJC Federal Building, 1240 E 9th Street, 31st Floor Auditorium, Cleveland, Ohio|
|May 12, 2023||Eugene T. Mahoney State Park, 28500 West Park Hwy., Ashland, Neb.|
|May 19, 2023||US Customs House, 721 19th Street, First Floor Room 181, Denver, Colo.|
|June 9, 2023||Richard Boling Federal Building, 601 E. 12th Street, Room G-64 (Cafe Conference Room), Kansas City, Mo.|
|June 23, 2023||Tinley Park Convention Center, 18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, Ill.|
While most of the program focuses on various aspects of Railroad Retirement benefits, each seminar closes with a brief presentation on railroad unemployment and sickness benefits to help prepare union officers for sharing reliable information with members.
How to register
Online registration is required to ensure accommodations and materials for all attendees.
Security screening is required for seminars hosted inside any federal buildings. Bring a current, valid photo ID (issued by state/federal government); no weapons permitted.
Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required to file a Railroad Retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage, or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
Select your local seminar from the schedule listed, click the register button, enter your information, and hit submit.
To RSVP on paper instead: select your local seminar from the schedule listed, find the blank registration form (PDF) to print and complete, then mail or fax it to your local RRB field office. Contact information for each office hosting a seminar is accessible through the Field Office Locator at RRB.gov.
Event details and registration will be available approximately 70 days in advance of each seminar, and registration will be closed for any seminar that reaches capacity.
Please inform RRB if you sign up for a seminar and become unable to attend.
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention