On January 26, 2016, SMART Sheet Metal General Committee 1 signed 17 new members that work for Bombardier at TriRail in Miami & West Palm, FL. After a long organizing campaign that lasted months, followed by a long round of negotiations, a five (5) year agreement was reached for members that perform mechanical and store house work for Bombardier.
The agreement gives members yearly General Wage Increases (GWI), bonuses and a cap on the cost of health care. According to General Chairman Joe Fraley, “the majority of these individuals have never been in a union prior to now. Because of this, we have and continue to spend time working individually with each worker on the enforcement of their new collectively bargained contract and what they can expect from their union. We look forward to using this success as a launching pad for further growth at here and at nearby facilities.”
- Tom Wiant moves from International rep. to assistant to the general president
- SMART TD, TTD Set For Victory Over Carriers On Train Length Data Collection
- BE4ALL Canadian Labour Spotlight: Helen Jury Armstrong
- SMART-TD, RME members secure paid sick leave for rail workers at Union Pacific
- SMART-TD Leaders take to the UAW picket line at a Jeep plant in Toledo, OH.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023