In today’s world, it’s important for the union to keep current and accurate information so members can stay informed on things that are important to them. This can be accomplished through the SMART mobile app, via the SMART Member Portal on the SMART website or the old-fashioned way — by just letting your TD Local secretary know.
It’s no secret that we and the carriers do not often see eye to eye, and there is a false narrative out there that we openly share member/employee information with each other. Carriers have zero obligation to voluntarily share any change in your personal information with your union, including your job craft. Even in this age of easy communication, maintaining good labor relations isn’t the strong suit of many carriers, and that includes notifying the union when one of our members has moved, changed contact information or have changed craft roles at work, for example, holding dual certification as a conductor/engineer.
A feature has been added in the SMART app and the SMART website’s Member Portal so members can more accurately update their info with the union. It’s important to fulfill that SMART constitutional duty (Article 21B, Section 49) by keeping your contact info (address, phone number and email) as well as your emergency contact info, work craft and military service record current. To avoid missing out on important notices and to make your union one member stronger please use the app, website or contact your local leadership to ensure that your union has the most accurate information. Together we are stronger!
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- Members: Please submit safety, tech and hours of service reports through website links
- SMART-TD BNSF members ratify tentative agreement addressing quality-of-life issues