UTU local treasurers are not required to file Internal Revenue Service Form 990-N by May 15.
However, said UTU International Auditor Steve Noyes, locals that are required to file IRS Forms 990 and 990-EZ must still file those forms by the May 15 deadline.
Noyes said he was told by IRS representatives that their Web site has been receiving a large influx of people submitting the 990 forms. As a result of the high traffic to the site, the site is experiencing slow response times.
Locals must still file Form 990-N; but not prior to May 15.
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- House Republicans push back vote on Amtrak cuts
- N.J. SLD Sabol honored for labor advocacy
- Rail labor collectively urges representatives to oppose House THUD bill
- SMART-TD members provide fuel for UAW strikers’ fires