UTU local treasurers are not required to file Internal Revenue Service Form 990-N by May 15.
However, said UTU International Auditor Steve Noyes, locals that are required to file IRS Forms 990 and 990-EZ must still file those forms by the May 15 deadline.
Noyes said he was told by IRS representatives that their Web site has been receiving a large influx of people submitting the 990 forms. As a result of the high traffic to the site, the site is experiencing slow response times.
Locals must still file Form 990-N; but not prior to May 15.
- N.Y. special election — a chance to support Tom Suozzi, who supports our members
- Room deadline extended for TD RTS in New Mexico!
- Suozzi deserves our support in New York
- Safety reminder: OSHA’s tips for working in cold weather
- DIPP: Members helping members
- TD National Training Seminar is ready for registrants!
- Safety, tech report links back online in SMART app
- Biden administration joins union’s fight to protect bus and transit workforce
- Registration open for Albuquerque RTS
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee