Brother Matt Bryant of Local 1067 (Virginia, Minn.), his wife and their three children lost their house in a fire Aug. 14 and could use some help as they attempt to rebuild their lives.
Bryant, 34, a conductor with Canadian National, was furloughed in late May and had returned to service Aug. 10. Just four days later, he, his wife, and their three children saw their home in Carlton, Minn., destroyed.
No one was injured in the fire, as fortunately the family members were all outside of the house when it happened.
“They are currently waiting to rebuild, which will take some time,” said Michael Strand, secretary of Local 1067.
In a display of union fraternalism, Devin Clolinger, an applicant to Local 1067, has established an online fundraiser to help Brother Matt, his wife, Jenna, and their children Emma, 11, Grace, 3, and Matty, 1.
Please follow this link if you are able to donate and help the Bryant family in their time of need.
- President Biden announces $6B to realize high-speed rail connecting Las Vegas and Southern California
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB