The UTU is offering the members of the UTU Alumni Association the vacation of a lifetime — an 11-day excursion to Alaska — at a group-tour price that is hard to beat.
This tour includes a seven-day cruise up the Inside Passage, a flight to Fairbanks and a two-day tour aboard the McKinley Explorer, a luxury train with domed passenger cars.
Vacationers will depart Vancouver, B.C., Aug. 15 aboard Holland America’s five-star cruise ship M.S. Statendam. This vessel boasts fewer passengers, larger staterooms and more space than any other plying the Alaska waters.
Aboard ship you can enjoy a massage in the Greenhouse Spa, a cooking lesson in the Culinary Arts Center or hundreds of other activities.
On day three, you will discover Ketchikan, possibly enjoying a flightseeing trip to breathtaking Misty Fjords National Monument.
On day four, you will explore Juneau. You can wander the lush Tongass National Forest, explore Mendenhall Glacier or go whale watching.
You will be in Skagway on the fifth day of your adventure. This is home to the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park and the historic White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad.
On day six, the ship will cruise Glacier Bay National Park, Alaska’s number-one glacier experience. You will cruise from the Reid and Lamplugh glaciers to the mighty Johns Hopkins — surrounded by rugged peaks and unforgettable scenery.
After a relaxing morning at sea on day seven, you will enter Prince William Sound and see the only place in Alaska that surrounds you on three sides with flowing rivers of ice, the College Fjord.
On day eight, you will disembark at Seward and board a motorcoach for a scenic journey through the Chugach National Forest to Anchorage, where you will board a flight to Fairbanks.
You will board the luxurious McKinley Explorer train on day nine where you will take in the sights and sounds of the Alaska Railroad. You will arrive at Denali National Park lodge that evening.
The morning of day 10 is for exploring and side trips. Then you will reboard the Explorer for a trip over the Hurricane Gulch Bridge, alongside lush mountains and raging rivers to Anchorage. You will depart Anchorage the following morning, or stick around and explore if you desire.
The UTU, through its association with Landfall Travel/American Express, is able to offer this once-in-a-lifetime trip beginning at only $1,352 per person. Certain other fees and taxes apply.
This tour is open to all UTU Alumni Association members, family and friends; other UTU members are welcome to join them as space permits.
For more information contact Landfall Travel toll free at (800) 835-9233; log onto the UTU Alumni Association page at www.landfalltravel, or email email@example.com.
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use of unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- Members: Please submit safety, tech and hours of service reports through website links
- SMART-TD BNSF members ratify tentative agreement addressing quality-of-life issues