UTU conductor double-amputee in NS mishap
Norfolk Southern conductor and UTU Local 768 member Larry McVay, age 43, lost an arm and a leg in a switching accident near Lafayette, Ind., the morning of Jan. 3, and is recovering in an Indianapolis hospital.
A UTU member since Dec. 1, 2007, McVay is a resident of Dalton City, Ill. He and his wife, Lisa, lost a daughter in an automobile accident in 2008.
A Larry McVay benefit fund has been established at Land of Lincoln Credit Union, 2890 N. Oakland Ave., Decatur, IL. 62526. More information may be obtained from the credit union by calling (217) 875-1300.
Members who have PayPal accounts may also make a contribution through the PayPal website by sending funds to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles