Today, we observe Veterans Day in the United States and Remembrance Day in Canada: a day to honor those Americans and Canadians who have devoted themselves to protecting our freedom and democracy, principles that we treasure as union members.
“At SMART, we are proud to do our part: helping transition our heroes back into civilian life and launch middle-class careers,” said SMART General President Michael Coleman. “To all our veterans: We thank you for your service, your sacrifice and your dedication.”
Watch General President Coleman’s video message to members:
SMART recognizes and thanks the brave men and women who have served both our nations. Your courage will never be forgotten.
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- SMART statement on proposed cuts to Amtrak funding
- SMART endorses Rep. David Trone for U.S. Senate
- Rail labor collectively urges representatives to oppose House THUD bill
- Attacks on U.S. child labor laws increase as violations skyrocket
- SMART statement on the confirmation of Jessica Looman
- Union sheet metal workers’ mental health program spotlighted by America’s Work Force Union Podcast
- SMART Chief International Rep. Scott Parks passes away
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary