A short video explaining the benefits of UTU membership, which was presented at the 2011 UTU regional meetings and the 2011 quadrennial convention, is now available online at www.utu.org.
The video notes the history of labor unions in the United States, which originated in the railroad industry, and the positive role the UTU plays in the transportation industry and in government.
“UTU: Stronger Than Ever” also examines the UTU’s role in public policy and its efforts to protect collective bargaining rights through the union’s Collective Bargaining Defense Fund. The Collective Bargaining Defense Fund was instrumental in working against political extremists in Wisconsin and Ohio, where politicians were recalled and anti-worker legislation was overturned.
The video is available through the UTU’s homepage at www.utu.org by selecting “About UTU” at the top of the page, then choosing the “UTU Publications and Videos” link.
To view the video, click here.
- President Biden announces $6B to realize high-speed rail connecting Las Vegas and Southern California
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB