VIRGINIA – Residents Tuesday night packed the lecture hall at Gainesville Middle School to hear about plans to extend Virginia Railway Express to their neighborhood.
The state’s only commuter railroad is conducting a two-year, $4 million planning and engineering a study to examine the impacts and costs of extending VRE’s Manassas line west, and building a new station at Innovation Park at George Mason University in Manassas, in Gainesville, and in Haymarket.
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- House Republicans push back vote on Amtrak cuts
- Rail labor collectively urges representatives to oppose House THUD bill
- Michigan bills protecting bus/transit and passenger workers advance
- Strike vote authorized at SEPTA
- Online fundraiser established for Local 857 member who died at away-from-home terminal
- Oct. 15 is second N.J. Railroad Workers Day