SUPERIOR, Wis. — A BNSF employee was killed at a taconite facility Dec. 1, reports the Duluth News-Tribune.
Kelly Yadron, 43, “was found pinned between two steel beams beside a conveyer belt,” a Superior fire chief told the newspaper. He was a member of the Transportation Communications Union.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the accident.
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB
- Bills’ advancement in Michigan a step forward for worker assault prevention
- Transportation labor groups urge DOT and NHTSA to launch industry-wide investigation of driverless vehicles
- Members: Please submit safety, tech and hours of service reports through website links
- SMART-TD BNSF members ratify tentative agreement addressing quality-of-life issues