Voters in California have approved a ballot proposition preventing the state or local governments from borrowing or redirecting to other budget projects any fuel tax or local property tax funds earmarked for transportation projects such as rail and transit.
The California ballot proposition, which was approved by more than 60 percent of voters, is in reaction to the recent shifting of transportation-earmarked funds to redevelopment projects and to close budget gaps.
- Online fundraiser established for Local 1503 member’s survivors
- SMART-TD Oklahoma crew battle has begun — time to weigh in!
- C3RS: SMART-TD and Norfolk Southern agree to anonymous safety reporting
- Virginia 2PC bill heading to governor
- Sam Nasca, N.Y. SLD, passes away
- From the Ballast: Cowboy boots and hazmat suits
- NS, SMART-TD, BLET and FRA sign landmark C3RS safety agreement
- Online fundraiser established for family of deceased Local 210 member
- FRA issues safety bulletin on securing rolling stock
- N.Y. special election — a chance to support Tom Suozzi, who supports our members