As a result of the continued increase in claims volume and associated costs, the SMART Transportation Division Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) is increasing its monthly assessments from 81 cents to 96 cents per $1 of daily benefits, effective July 1, 2018.
Members may elect to reduce their benefit level or cancel coverage at any time by submitting the appropriate form to SMART TD. If a member chooses to keep his or her coverage as it is, the current benefit level will remain in place, and members who pay their monthly assessments by payroll deduction will have the higher monthly assessments automatically deducted from their paychecks.
DIPP trustees are SMART General President Joseph Sellers Jr., SMART Secretary-Treasurer Richard L. McClees and SMART TD President John Previsich.
Follow this link to view the updated SMART TD DIPP Schedule of Maximum Benefits.
- President Biden announces $6B to realize high-speed rail connecting Las Vegas and Southern California
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB