A former secretary-treasurer of UTU Local 997 (Camp Hill, Pa.) has been charged with embezzling union funds.
Brandon S. Borders, 47, of Harrisburg, Pa., was indicted by a federal grand jury on the charge, according to U.S. Attorney Peter J. Smith.
The indictment alleges Borders embezzled $12,500 between 2005 and August 2009. If convicted, Borders faces up to five years in prison and a fine of $10,000.
- President Biden announces $6B to realize high-speed rail connecting Las Vegas and Southern California
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB