SMART sends our deepest sympathies to the loved ones of deceased Local 28 (New York City) brother and Executive Board member Anthony Lee Gonzalez. A GoFundMe fundraiser has been established to help Anthony’s family; read an excerpt from the GoFundMe below, and make a donation here.
“On Tuesday, July 11, 2023, our beloved Brother Anthony fell victim to senseless gun violence. Despite numerous efforts to save him, he was pronounced dead on July 13, 2023 at 2:11 p.m.
“Anthony was very special to everyone he interacted with. He was a loving son, a doting father to a 16-year-old daughter, and a devoted union brother. There was nothing Anthony loved more than being a union sheet metal worker. At the time of his passing he had 16 years and 8 months of service.
“We ask that during this time of sadness you find it in your hearts to help and keep the family in your prayers.”
- Buffalo sheet metal worker discusses his “purpose” and pride as a SMART member
- Local 12 retiree tells BE4ALL contest-winning sheet metal story
- Ontario sheet metal worker shares how SMART and a pro-labor contractor changed his life
- Union pension provides “dignity and grace” for Local 12 retiree
- So. Cal union sheet metal workers help win citywide project labor agreement
- A conversation about the BE4ALL initiative
- Illinois sheet metal worker on how Local 219 “changed [his] life”
- Union sheet metal workers’ mental health program spotlighted by America’s Work Force Union Podcast
- SMART Chief International Rep. Scott Parks passes away
- Ontario sheet metal worker discusses the union difference