Local 265 (DuPage County, Ill.) recognized Robert Flynn and his three sons for 200 years of combined service at its recent service award ceremony.
Robert joined Local 265 in 1954 after proudly serving in the U.S. Navy for four years on the SS New Jersey during the Korean War. In July 1963, Robert was elected as financial treasurer. In 1967, he became business agent/financial secretary, and in 1979, he was elected to business manager. In 1986, Robert was appointed as international representative, where he worked until his retirement in 1992.
Robert received his 70-year service award. Patrick received a 50-year service award, and Thomas and Timothy received 40-year service awards for a combined total of 200 years of service.
- NEMIC appoints Lisa Davis as administrator
- General Committee 2 Convention demonstrates democracy, solidarity
- Department of Labor updates prevailing wage regulations in win for SMART members and building trades workers
- SMART-TD, RME members secure paid sick leave for rail workers at Union Pacific
- Ray Reasons appointed 11th General Vice President
- Jason Benson continues sheet metal career as SMART director of organizing
- Joseph J. Nigro Award winners recognized for SMART Army solidarity
- SMOHIT expands mental health helpline service
- SMART Leadership Conference draws dozens of guest speakers to demonstrate: “This is our time”
- This is our time