Two locals have placed holiday party announcements in the November issue of the UTU News, which may not reach all members in sufficient time to plan attendance.
To ensure that members have advance notice of the upcoming get-togethers, see the listing of announcements below:
Local 622, Birmingham, Ala.
All UTU members and their families are invited to the annual “Jimmy Lee Dorough” Christmas Party of this local Dec. 9 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Whistle Stop Café, 1901 First Avenue in Irondale, Ala. Please notify Alabama State Legislative Director Ron Clements at (334) 264-8758 if you will be attending. “Merry Christmas, and we hope to see you there,” Clements said.
Local 768, Decatur, Ill.
Two Christmas parties are scheduled for members of this local next month, Local Chairperson Dan Calhoun reports. Local 768 and the Brennan Law Firm will hold their annual party Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. at the Mt. Zion Lions Club. The menu is a traditional holiday meal including ham, turkey, and all the fixins’. There will be music and the bar will be open for wine and beer. All railroaders and their spouses or a guest, from all crafts in and around the Decatur area, are invited. Reply to Larry Stephenson at (217) 428-1171 or Lloyd Holman at (217) 423-0210. For more information, call The Brennan Law Firm at (800) 816-7245. A members-only party in conjunction with the law firm of Callis, Papa, Hale & Szewczyk will be held Dec. 15 at 6:30 p.m. during the local’s regular monthly meeting at the IBEW Hall, 3390 N. Woodford St. in Decatur. Food and refreshments will be provided. Designated legal counsel will be on hand to provide members with a presentation and answer questions.
- President Biden announces $6B to realize high-speed rail connecting Las Vegas and Southern California
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB