Left to right: Nick Cometti, Dave Renshaw, Gabe Precourt, Doug Cox, Viki Siok, Jeff Herling and Trevor LeBeau.
On April 3, 2022, SM Local 58’s (Syracuse, N.Y.) SMART Army gathered in Utica to help Sleep in Heavenly Peace build twin-size and bunk beds for kids without beds in the Mohawk Valley. With the help of first-, second- and third-year apprentices Nick Cometti, Dave Renshaw, Gabe Precourt, Doug Cox, Viki Siok, Jeff Herling and Trevor LeBeau, plus volunteers from the local community, our SMART brothers and sisters were able to put together 276 beds.
“There were stations set up for cutting, drilling, sanding, staining, assembling and branding,” said Local 58’s Jeff Foster. “It was a nice feeling to know that we were there to help out with families that have come on hard times.”
- NEMIC appoints Lisa Davis as administrator
- General Committee 2 Convention demonstrates democracy, solidarity
- Department of Labor updates prevailing wage regulations in win for SMART members and building trades workers
- SMART-TD, RME members secure paid sick leave for rail workers at Union Pacific
- Ray Reasons appointed 11th General Vice President
- Jason Benson continues sheet metal career as SMART director of organizing
- Joseph J. Nigro Award winners recognized for SMART Army solidarity
- SMOHIT expands mental health helpline service
- SMART Leadership Conference draws dozens of guest speakers to demonstrate: “This is our time”
- This is our time