As megaprojects, indoor air quality work and infrastructure investment create jobs for sheet metal workers across the country, SMART continues to produce more resources to help members secure that work – in their local areas and across the country. That includes a new animated video that spells out exactly how SMART members can travel for work, which can be found on YouTube or the SMART Sheet Metal Job Bank.
“This is a moment of incredible opportunity for our union and our industry, and particularly for SMART members who are willing to travel for work” explained SMART Assistant to the General President Darrell Roberts. “New job postings are hitting our Job Bank almost every week, and we want to make absolutely sure our membership knows how to get to those jobs.”
The video, titled “SMART Sheet Metal Travelers,” explicitly addresses frequently asked questions regarding how to travel, what incentives exist for travelers, how travelers are paid, what happens when the travel job is finished, and much more. For more information – including current sheet metal job opportunities across the country – visit the Job Bank.
- SMART joins labor, environmental allies to demand Green Jobs, Green Transit in New York
- Local 206 helps win citywide San Diego PLA
- Local 46 apprentices help restore historic Rochester trolley car
- Georgia sheet metal worker says Local 85 has given him “countless blessings”
- Department of Labor issues final rule on classifying workers as employees or independent contractors under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- A year of progress: Looking back on BE4ALL’s 2023
- SMART Local 16, Northwest Regional Council lead the way on indoor air quality in schools
- SMART statement on implementation of President Biden’s executive order on PLAs
- Local 27 training coordinator honored with Patriot Award for support of the National Guard and Reserve
- Buffalo sheet metal worker discusses his “purpose” and pride as a SMART member