The International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers (SMART) and the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) applaud the efforts of the Biden Administration as they continue to innovate and press forward to ensure safe and clean air. The air we breathe within our buildings and schools must be safe for the people who live, learn and work in them. This clean air endeavor is of the upmost necessity, and we believe the administration is working to place that importance front and center with their efforts.
SMART and SMACNA have a vested interest in the success of the Clean Air in Buildings Challenge. The training, skills, and certifications our members have in indoor air quality, ventilation and filtration is the cornerstone of our craft. The quality of training and work our members and contractors do are important to us, as is the people who breathe the air that we deliver.
SMART’s partnership with SMACNA has been providing skilled, trained, and certified workers to respond in a timely manner to meet industry demands for more than a century.
SMART, with more than 203,000 members, provides classroom, hands-on, on-the-job and rapid response training to its members through federal and state registered apprenticeships in more than 150 state of the art training centers located throughout the United States and Canada.
SMACNA, representing 3,500 signatory contracting firms with more than 100 chapters throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and Brazil, employ the SMART member apprentices (in an earn-while-you-learn program) who are mentored by trained, skilled and certified journeypersons.
SMART and SMACNA have witnessed the ups and downs of the HVAC industry in the past. Our membership and contractor base has always adapted to the challenges and grown with the needs of the industry. We feel confident in the ability of SMART, SMACNA and other Contractor Partners to meet and exceed the needs of the work ahead.
- Sheet metal leaders work to secure a unionized future at Partners in Progress 2024
- BNSF labor cuts mean Warren Buffett is more about dollars than sense — SMART-TD responds
- Following furloughs, rail workers demand immediate federal inspections of BNSF locomotives and rail cars
- C3RS: SMART-TD and Norfolk Southern agree to anonymous safety reporting
- NS, SMART-TD, BLET and FRA sign landmark C3RS safety agreement
- SMART joins labor, environmental allies to demand Green Jobs, Green Transit in New York
- SMART TD, TTD Set For Victory Over Carriers On Train Length Data Collection
- NS becomes first Class I carrier to sign onto C3RS reporting system
- Local 46 apprentices help restore historic Rochester trolley car
- Georgia sheet metal worker says Local 85 has given him “countless blessings”