UTU Amtrak conductors and yardmasters are currently in mediation with regard to an amended wage, benefits and working conditions agreement.
The UTU and Amtrak are far apart on a few difficult issues.
At this time, the parties are exploring alternative methods of interest-based resolution. This may or may not work. The UTU and Amtrak have an accelerated schedule with dates in January.
It will be known at the end of these sessions whether this approach has any hope of success, or if it will be necessary to go down the traditional path of self-help under provisions of the Railway Labor Act.
- President Biden announces $6B to realize high-speed rail connecting Las Vegas and Southern California
- SMART Transportation Division announces members of Bus and Transit Assault Prevention and Safety committee
- SEPTA bus members ratify new contract
- FTA announces random drug and alcohol testing rates for 2024
- Your union needs your social media contributions
- TD members overwhelmingly vote to authorize strike action against SEPTA
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2024
- California High-Speed Rail Authority pledges to use unionized labor
- Recognizing our women railroaders
- Rail labor organizations urge Biden to renominate Bragg to RRB